Policy key definitions:
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the business, [GFS Flex, GFS].
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Regulation.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
Key principles of GDPR:
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases.
- Lawful basis:Consent
- Where our purpose for processing is: To contact you about an enquiry you have requested via our website
- Which is necessary because:Because we cannot provide relevant information to you unless we have your consent
- Data retention period: We will continue to process your information under this basis until you withdraw consent or it is determined your consent no longer exists.
- Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties.
- Lawful basis: Contract
- Where our purpose for processing is:To provide you with our products as one of our customers
- Which is necessary because: We may need to contact you about your account
Data retention period: We will continue to process your information under this basis until you withdraw consent or it is determined your consent no longer exists.
Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties.
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Your individual rights
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
Cookies that we use are;
- _gid, _ga, _gat cookies: These cookies are used by Google Analytics so that we can analyse our website to help improve it for our users.
- et_bloom_optin_[UID]: These cookies are set by the plugin ‘Bloom’, which we use to enable you to sign up to our online newsletter.
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
Fair and Transparent Privacy Explained
We have provided some further explanations about user privacy and the way we use this website to help promote a transparent and honest user privacy methodology.
Email marketing messages & subscription
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “Processing of your personal data” above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an EMS, email marketing service provider. An EMS is a third party service provider of software / applications that allows marketers to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.
Email marketing messages that we send may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as; times, dates, I.P addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR and the PECR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences / the information we hold about you at any time. See any marketing messages for instructions on how to unsubscribe or manage your preferences, you can also unsubscribe from all MailChimp lists, by following this link, otherwise contact the EMS provider.
Our EMS provider is; MailChimp. We hold the following information about you within our EMS system;
- Email address
- I.P address
- Subscription time & date
- Job Title